Most of us do know that we need to exercise to stay fit and healthy, but we tend to fall back on that standard excuse - “where do I find time for it?” You know it’s super simple if you let it! Let’s take a closer look at those creative ways where you could maximise your “busy day” and burn a few extra calories and shed away a few pounds. All you need to do is discover those small movement opportunities that you can capitalise. Make it a little bit harder for you and you would know it’s worth keeping it that way!!
Take advantage of all those small movement opportunities!
- Park your vehicle at the far end of the parking lot, take the extra few steps
- When buying groceries, do not bring everything together, get them in several trips
- Try the same when you want to put your clothes for drying
- Try walking to office if it’s less than 3 km & walk as if you are late to reach a party
- If more than 3 km, cycle to office & take the longest way possible!
- While at a mall or at work, look around & take that set of stairs nearby instead of the elevator
- Get up and walk while you talk on the phone
- When you are at work, get up and stroll around for a couple of minutes every 30 min
- Play with your kids - if you can keep up with them your job is half done
- When possible, do the household chores by yourself - just 15 min can burn 100 calories
- Enjoy your weekends by trekking with your friends & family
You got 24 hours a day! You sleep eight of them and the rest is all for you to figure out!
Remember a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! Make those steps count!!
- <a href="http://worldartsme.com/pedometer-clipart.html" title="Clipart from WorldArtsMe"><img title="Pedometer Clipartt" width="350" src="http://worldartsme.com/images/pedometer-clipart-1.jpg"/> </a>